Female face of the energy business (May 2016)
Nearly 60 women from Polish and foreign companies, offices and organisations participated in the “Women in Power” meeting organised by me, on the FUTURE ENERGY WEEK in Poznań (Poland) sponsored by Energa SA.
In the discussion on the role of women in business, the position of women in the energy industry, both in Poland and abroad took part m.in .:
– Malgorzata Mika-Bryska – Deputy Director of the Energy Department in the Ministry of Energy
– prof. Eng. Alexander Rakowska – Poznan University of Technology
– PhD Joanna Mackowiak-Pandera, President of the Forum of Energy
– Susanne Nies – Director Corporate European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E)
– Ian Dreyer – an expert in the field of European energy security Institut Montaigne
– Marzena Strzelczak – Board Member Responsible Business Forum
– Anna Panasiuk-Dzielska – EY Poland.
The aim of the meeting was to start a broad and open debate about the role of women in the global energy sector (previously heavily dominated by the male gender), but also the power of women in business. The debate, which was transformed into a natural way of networking is undoubtedly the beginning of the cycle of regular meetings in which the participants declared their willingness to exchange experiences, ideas, knowledge, and above all the opportunity to establish valuable business contacts, without which today it is more difficult to operate in the occupational and social field.